Definition – The kilowatt-hour or kWh is a unit of energy equivalent to one kilowatt (1 kW) of power consumed for one hour (1 h) of time. The kilowatt-hour is not a standard unit in any formal system, but it is commonly used in electrical applications.
KWh = KW (Load)/t (Time) = 1 KW/1 Hr = 1000W/1 hr = 1 Unit
Or in other words –
Electrical Unit(Kwh) = Load (in Kw) X No. of working hours
Conversion of Kw into Kwh
Example – 1
- 50 Kw motor runs for 4 Hr then what will be unit consumption for the same –
- Kwh = (50 Kw/1 hr) X 4 = 50 (1Kw/1 Hr) X 4 = 200 Unit consumption…Ans
- 60 W fan runs for 8 hrs per day so what is the consumption of power by fan .
- Convert 60 W into Kilowatt – 60 W = 0.06 Kw
Kwh = 1Kw/1 Hr = (0.06 Kw/ 1 Hr) X 8 = 0.48 Units ………Ans
Conversion of Kwh into Kw
Load (in Kw) = No. of Units (Kwh) / No. of working hours (h)
- -Suppose a motor runs for 4 Hours & consumes 200 Units (or Kwh) so what will be the load of motor?
- We know – Load (Kw) = No. of units (Kwh)/No. of working hours (h)
Load (Kw) = 200/4 = 50 Kw…………………………….. Ans – 50Kw